The world's biggest clinical study on Probiotics from CHR Hansen, the leading European bioscience company
Source: Clinical studies on the effectiveness of Probiotics on the immune system and the effects of CHR. HANSEN L. CASEI 431™ Live cultures strains in preventing flu and colds – The global bioscience company - CHR Hansen - Denmark – 2011
CHR. HANSEN L. CASEI 431™ Probiotics strain and its effects on preventing flu and colds
Flu and common colds are viral infectious diseases caused by viruses. The immune system plays an important role in limiting the spread of the virus. People with weakened immune systems, especially young children, are at risk of flu and colds.
In 2011, CHR Hansen, one of the leading global bioscience companies published the world’s largest clinical study on immune effect of Probiotics CHR. HANSEN L. CASEI 431™ in adult with 1100 subjects in Denmark and Germany. The objective of the study was to investigate the effect of Probiotics strains CHR. HANSEN L. CASEI 431™ in preventing flu and colds.
The study has been completed and published in American Clinical Nutrition magazine with the results as follow:
- May reduce the duration of common cold and influenza-like symptoms: the duration can be reduced from 8.1 days to 4.8 days.
- May reduce the incidence of using antibiotics: from 38 doses to 22 doses.
- May reduce the use of other healthcare methods: only 22% in comparison to 28% (placebo group)
- Identified as Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. paracasei
- Used worldwide since 1995 as an ingredient in food and food supplements, with no reported side effects
- The object of more than 20 clinical studies
- Tested in clinical studies from infants to adults, with no reported serious adverse events
- Described in over 80 scientific publications
Nowadays, Lactobacillus (CHR. HANSEN L. CASEI 431™) is used for dietary supplements, infant formula and fermented milk products. In Vietnam, Vinamilk Probi Drinking Yogurt are fortified with cultures CHR. HANSEN L. CASEI 431™ help enhance immune system and boost body’s resistance power.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. We develop and produce cultures, enzymes, Probiotics and natural colors for a rich variety of foods, confectionery, beverages, dietary supplements and even animal feed.
All solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments and close customer relationships.
Chr. Hansen have been around since 1874 and have more than 2,600 dedicated employees in over 30 countries.
Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
Boege Alle 10-12
2970 Hoersholm Denmark